Wednesday, January 25, 2017

JS Velour Liquid Lipstick Review





I thought I would switch to a different brand to review and today I chose Jeffree Star Cosmetics. I own these products and his lip scrub and I think that is the only products I will buy from him. I love his products but I'm not his biggest fan especially his whole beef with Kat Von D. Anyway, I'm here to review these five velour liquid lipstick. His velour liquid lipsticks are the first products he made for his cosmetics brand. Each liquid lipstick sell for $18. All of his products are vegan and gluten free, which is nice. From the picture above, I'll review them from left to right.

The packaging of each liquid lipstick is really nice. The shape of the tube is sleek and small. The cap locks when you close it so it won't dry out. The Barbie pink cap is meh but it's a Jeffree Star signature so he has to do it.

Abused is, clearly, a very bold color. It's a navy blue shade with a hint of purple. I have worn this a couple times, not out in public yet (that is one of my goals this year) because it's a very unusual shade. I got this shade because I wanted to try a shade I don't already own. The navy purple isn't complementary to make your teeth look whiter. As for wear, it dries matte fairly fast and lasts for a long time. It does get kind of dry but all liquid lipsticks are fairly dry and it's not uncomfortable. It doesn't have a smell. If anything it has a very small chemically smell if you stick it to your nose close enough. 

Next is Unicorn Blood. I LOVE THIS SHADE. I've always wanted a deep maroon shade to wear in the fall and this is the perfect shade for that. It has a root beer scent to it, and Jeffree Star said that only comes in limited edition shades. I like the smell. It's very unique and it's not super strong and it goes away eventually. I get compliments a lot when I wear this shade. It lasts all day and doesn't flake. No complaints. 

Up next is Redrum. This was the first shade I bought. I wanted a liquid lipstick that was true red with a blue undertone and it's the perfect shade. It has the same small hint of chemical smell as Abused does. I get a lot of compliments from this shade, as well. It wears beautifully all day. I might have to touch up after a few hours but that's normal. Red shades are the trickiest to apply. It takes me so long to apply this shade because if you mess up, it's a whole process to fix it.

Second to last is Masochist. This shade is a bright fuschia pink. I've only wore this at home a couple times because it's very bright and I haven't had the occasion to wear it out in public. I like this shade a lot. It has a blue undertone so it makes your teeth look whiter. It wears very comfortably and lasts a long time. I'll post a picture of me below of me wearing this shade. I think it's very complimentary for my skin tone.

Masochist


Last but not least, is Androgyny. The shade is a plum mauve. It's a very unique color and that's what I like about it. I think this is the one shade that doesn't wear all day long. I had to reapply a couple times after a couple hours. And this shade has a stronger chemically smell as well. I like the shade and it goes well with a lot of different eye looks. I've worn this shade the most but it's very drying.

Looking at the company website right now, I see a lot of shades that used to be always sold out are still in stock. Even the "limited edition" holiday shades are still in stock. I think his fan base is slowly dying down because of the truth of who he really is in real life. Especially of what he shows off on YouTube and Snapchat. And his whole fight with Kat Von D, I'm sure a lot of people are taking her side because she had proof of his fakeness.

Would I recommened this brand? Meh. I like his liquid lipsticks, they're my top five favorite. I won't purchase any of his other products because I heard they're not that great. The price are fairly reasonable for a liquid lipstick. I think you get less product than others. His shade ranges are a lot and unique. I think you can find other brands with the same shade with better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment