Saturday, January 14, 2017

Kylie Cosmetics The Bronze Palette Review

I'm a huge fan of the Kardashian/Jenner family and I'm not afraid to to admit it. I've watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians since season one and I still watch the new seasons today. "They only got famous because of their Dad!" "They're only famous because of Kim's sex tape!" Cool. Great. I mean I'm sure those things helped them with getting famous but they're business women of multi million dollar companies. You can't hate someone for being successful. After following them on Instagram and Snapchat, you can clearly see how boujee they are with their material things but honestly I would be like that too if I had the money they had. I will always admire this family and support them because I think they're inspirational women.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of Kylie Jenner. She's only nineteen years old and she has such a successful company and is doing it all on her own. When I found out she was doing her own makeup line, I wasn't surprised at all. I knew she loved makeup for a long time and when she first announced she was releasing liquid lipsticks (my favorite makeup product of all time), I was really excited for her. I'll do another post on her liquid lipsticks but for right now, I'm only going to talk about her eyeshadow pallets.

Eyeshadow is the the one makeup product I have the least in. I love a good smokey eye, don't get me wrong, but I just could never get the look the way I wanted to. Over time, I practiced a lot and learned it took A LOT of patience and A LOT of blending. I usually don't use eyeshadow because I'm lazy and have no patience for it.

Her first eyeshadow palette is called The Bronze Palette. I was hesitant to get this because it's eyeshadow, my least favorite thing. I thought the colors were beautiful but I was still not super interested. After watching some YouTube video reviews on her first palette, everyone said it was a really great palette but overpriced. Which I agree, it's priced at $42 for nine shadows. The palette doesn't include a mirror or brush. Most of the reviews were good and I think people wanted to hate the palette because it's Kylie Jenner and you either like her or you don't. At the next restock of the palette, I said "fuck it" and got it.

The shipping took almost two weeks and it arrived with the palette covered in foam to protect it and a card like all her other products come in. The packaging is hard and it feels really light in weight. It definitely feels sturdy and not flimsy at all. On the front, it's a black and white picture of Kylie's eye brows and eyes with metallic droplets of black, bronze, and brown shades. It's very different and pretty. The back has all the shadow shade's names. The inside has KYLIE on the flap, which I'm surprised there's no mirror. She did mention she's putting a mirror in all her palettes now. You can tell she put a lot of effort into making her palette great and what people would use. Following her on Snapchat, she talks a lot about how long it took to get it perfect to how she wanted it.



When I first looked at the palette I thought "I'm not going to use this. I hate orange." Which is true. I don't like orange, yellow, and red because I don't think those colors look good on me. I like cool toned things. Personal opinion. But the one thing about makeup is it's fun to experiment and branch out of your comfort zone. I swatched a couple of the shades and I was surprised at how pigmented they were. After staring at the palette for a bit, trying to figure out an eye look to do, I picked up my blending brush and put the color Topaz in my crease for a transition shade and just let my imagination go wild. I tried to use as many colors as I could and I even used the burnt orange shade, Citrine. I was even more surprised at how much I liked the warm colors on my eyes. It gave me a different confidence that I've never experienced before and I loved it. There is quite a bit of fall out but if you want your shadows to be pigmented, there's going to be fall out.

After using it once, I used it every time to make a different look. You can make a simple, basic look to a super smoked out, glam look and that's what I really like about the palette. I would recommend this palette to everyone, but I'm sure there's other similar and cheaper palettes/shadows out there. It's a splurge item I treated my self to and an item I only got because it's Kylie Jenner. After using it all the time, I'm excited for her other eyeshadow palettes she's coming out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment