Saturday, January 14, 2017

Fitbit Blaze Review

I got a Fitbit Charge for Christmas in 2014 and I loved it. The Charge was sleek and small which was good for my small wrists. I wore it 24/7 (except in the shower) so it was easy to track my sleep and to always have my steps in. In April, the strap broke so I emailed Fitbit and they sent me a brand new one free of charge! A couple months later later, the strap broke, again, so I gave up on a Fitbit. My wrist did feel very bare and it was hard to get into the habit of not raising my wrist to check the time. 


In March 2016, I saw Fitbit was coming out with a new Fitbit device and, of course, I had to get it. I preordered the Fitbit Blaze for $200 and it came in the mail a couple weeks later. What really made me want to get this one specifically was the touch screen with the option of specific workouts to track. 

The Blaze comes with heart rate monitor, smartphone notifications, color touchscreen, sport tracking with GPS, on screen workouts, music control, and automatic activity tracker. The majority of these features only works with Bluetooth connected to your phone. I find this drains your battery on your Fitbit and your phone very fast. The battery of my Fitbit is very spotty. It says the battery lasts for 5 days but I have yet to have my battery last more than 2 days. 

With the Fitbit app, you add friends from Facebook or your contacts who have a Fitbit. I like this feature because you can see how many steps your friends take in the week. With your friends, there's challenges you can do to see who can take the most steps that week. Who ever wins that weeks gets a trophy. It's nice to have a little fun competition with your friends.

The wrist bands are easily removable to change. I've only changed mine once because the band broke. You can find cute and fashionable bands on Amazon or other retail stores. It has the option of changing the digital clock face. There's 9 to chose from and there's a good variety to fit your liking. I have mine set to the "Moment" option because I like the big clock time and it shows the date. It's easier to look at my watch and see this than to pull out my phone from my purse or pocket.

What I don't like about the Blaze is I have tiny wrists so the screen and silver holder take up my whole wrist basically. And I keep the tightness of the strap at the very last notch which is still a little too loose on my wrist. Also, I don't like the short battery life it has. I charge mine over night so I can't track my sleep but I personally don't care about that. 

Overall, I really like my Fitbit Blaze. I would recommend it to anyone who is active or wants to be active. I would recommend any product from Fitbit. The customer service is great and they have a variety of products to choose from to fit your needs to be fit and active!


No comments:

Post a Comment