Hello everyone, back with another tech review! I will be reviewing Apple's latest product the AirPods. I've been eyeing these since they released it. I love me some Apple products so I was very excited for this. I've always wanted wireless headphones but I'm not a big fan of Beats by Dre so I was hoping these would do the trick.
I bought the AirPods online on the Apple website on December 20th, 2016. The website said it would take 8 weeks to ships and the nearest Apple stores won't have it in store around the same time. So I said, "fuck it" and bought them for $159. The email said it would arrive by February 8th. That's very far away date so I decided it would be worth it and my patience would be very tested.
Around the middle of January I got another email saying my package is shipping and it would arrive by February 1st. A whole week earlier than expected so that's great! My package arrived at the end of the day at my front door step. It came in the classic white Apple box and it contained a lightning cable, which is nice since it doesn't need a special cord and I already had 4 other lightning cables. Then there was the AirPod charging case containing the headphones. When I opened the charging case, there's a small orange light so I assumed it needed to be charged first to use. I looked at the quick reference guide to see how to set it up and the instructions said to just simply open the charging case, turn on the bluetooth on my phone, and it will be connected. I did just that and instantly it connected and ready to use. On my phone it said the headphones had 67% battery and the charging case had 45%. It was ready to use so I put the headphones in my ears and played a song.
The sound is amazing. It's a lot better than using the wire headphones. I read more from the quick reference guide to see what else I can do with it. It works with Siri so you double tap either headphone and it makes a "ding" noise and you can use Siri. If you want to lower/raise the volume or change the song you have to also double tap a headphone and verbally say a command. I wish there was an easier way to do that because when I'm working out in the gym, I don't want to randomly say "LOWER VOLUME" or "PLAY NEXT SONG" out loud. But it's no big deal since when I workout I'm on my phone anyway. I mostly bought these headphones for the gym. When I used the regular wire headphones I would always knock out a headphone from my ear accidentally. The wire also limited my mobility to move when I go for runs so I like the freedom it gives me.
I've only used Apple headphones so I have no comparisons to it for other headphones. But I would only recommend the AirPods if you can use the regular Apple headphones and they don't fall out of your ears because they are shaped the exact same way. For me, the regular Apple headphones work for me so that's another reason I bought these.
I've only used them twice for working out and all I can say is I LOVE THEM. It makes my workouts so much easier to do and it's so comfortable to wear I usually forget I'm using them. I would recommend these, definitely, but only if you like the regular Apple headphones.
No comments:
Post a Comment